Sunday, January 30, 2011

Book Review- Save the Date

Lucy Whiltshire is desperate. Alex Sinclair is also desperate. So begins the tale in the new book Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones. Lucy, a non-profit director for a young women's home and Alex, a former professional athlete turned congressional candidate are each desperate for something the other needs. The novel then turns into page turning laughs as Lucy and Alex come together to try and help one another. The novel, set in Charleston, South Carolina is a great read of dreams, love, and letting God have the final say.

Jones takes everyday characters and makes them seem like they are the readers best friends. I literally laughed and got teary eyed with Lucy and Alex and their adventure in this story to the ultimate of realizing their dreams. I was hesitant about this book because I had never heard of the author, but now want to read everything she has written. Jenny B. Jones is a great new voice in Christian fiction for women.

I received no monetary compensation for this review and the thoughts of this review are my own. Thomas Nelson Publishers provided me with an advance copy of this book for my review.

No comments: