Thursday, June 11, 2009

Update

Wow, its been almost a month since I posted. I promise to do better in the future. Life however has been crazy. I am all moved in and put away except for the last drapes to be hung and the missing bottles of perfume. I love love love my house. It is just me and wonderful. Barney loves it too. He will often ask out just to go play in the backyard. He has figured out that its his and he loves it!! The other dogs in the neighborhood don't bother him at all.

Once school was out, it was time for a quick trip to ATL for a conference at the High Museum of Art about how to teach Europe. Very informative with some European Consuls there and put on in conjunction with the SCIS and the EU. Got lots of free stuff AND got to tour the High's new exhibit before it opened. Three of Monet's "Water Lilies" which are on loan from the MOMA in New York. It was breathtaking. The very next day I started grad school again. One semester to go!!!! I am not enjoying the drive part, (74.5 miles rountrip) each day, but it does give me time to get out and look at God's creation as I am driving. I am loving one class and tolerating the other. The Middle East class is fascinating. AND the professor is going to come let me raid his office this summer for teaching resources that he no longer needs!!!!!! I am working hard for the next 3 weeks and then taking some needed time to myself before gearing up for a new school year. August will be here before we know it....

No comments: