Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shopping Nirvana

I went to one of my shrines of the retail industry today. IKEA at Atlantic Station. I was specifically looking for the coffee table that matches my entertainment center, but came away with a lot of other goodies as well. I have a weird shaped area in my kitchen where the old (1940s) hookup for the washing machine is. There is no counter there, so I have to improvise. I found a great butcher block stand that will go there and look great. I also got a neat mirror to go in my entry way and several other odds and ends that are needed. Of course no trip to IKEA would be complete without a cinnamon roll. Mom and I fortified ourselves for the mission by enjoying coffee and a cinnamon roll before the shopping commenced. At the end to reward ourselves for a job well done, and because we were threatened if we came home without them, we stopped in the food hall for ginger snap cookies for dad and hazelnut chocolate cookies for Angie. Angie, you get 2 rolls of them.

From there we took a roundabout way back to the interstate thanks to the ongoing DOT project that is I75 in Atlanta. Once on 75South, we stopped for lunch at Steak and Shake, Thanks mom for the milkshake. From there it was to Garden Ridge. This place has tons of stuff for your home and garden. I got 2 new pictures to hang and 3 new pillows for the love seat and couch. When we checked out, we had to go home cause I had spent all of my money. It was a perfect way to spend a Saturday since we could not paint due to the weather. Glad it did not rain yesterday for the baseball game. Thanks for going with me mom. One week to go and I will be moved. And yes Angie, I have started to pack. :)

No comments: