Friday, November 27, 2009

We Made It- Part 2

My Teacher Work Sample and Portfolio are both finished!!! Now, all I have left is a paper to finish, presentation Monday in class and interview before my committee. Then I will be OFFICIALLY FINISHED WITH GRAD SCHOOL!!!! This whole endeavor has been a lesson in patience and God teaching me that I can do anything I put my mind to, but I am glad it is almost behind me.

We also made it through the Black Friday madness with everything we wanted and no injuries. Props to our local Wal-Mart. They were so organized. I know, those two words (Wal-mart and organized) don't really sound right together, but they were. Angie and I got there at 3 and since our item we REALLY wanted was a special but not one of the huge ones, it was not shrink wrapped so we could put it in a cart when we got there. We just could not check out until 5. I wandered and people watched while she took the car down the street to get me a down comforter for Christmas at Kohl's. The Kitchen aide mixer from Wal-mart was for her! After we left Wal-mart we headed out in search of breakfast. We ended up at Waffle House, the only thing open. You would have thought the fast food restaurants would have opened early, but they did not.

We fortified ourselves with breakfast and headed to the Shoppes at River Crossing to meet mom. We spent time there getting things for everyone and I left them there at 8:45 as I headed home for a long nap.

Got my new cell phone this afternoon and have gotten familiar with it, so it is now off to mom and dads for dinner.

No comments: