Sunday, January 24, 2010

Listen to the rythmn of the falling rain

That's right, its raining again in Macon. I guess we should not complain since we are finally out of a years long drought. But, just once I would like to go seven whole days with no rain or clouds. Some weeks we forget what the sun looks like. Today's weather has been troubling. It was 72 degrees outside at 6:00 p.m in January!!! Needless to say, the dog has been in a tizzy all day because of the coming storms. The storms have started and he has seemed to calm down some. Now, we are listening to the rain.

This past week has been a strange one. It seems that God is throwing things at me to test me and see how I respond. I have had lots of things going on and Thursday topped them all. Its prom time, well planning time at least, and I had a meeting Thursday night with my parents. Now, I found out Thursday morning that our location had bumped us to the next weekend and I was just now finding out. We could not do the next weekend due to state track meet and grad nite at Disney World for the seniors. So, 8 hours before my meeting, we had no place to have Prom. Thankfully, I found a venue in town and it is now booked for us!!! Also have the d.j booked, so that takes some stress off. By the way, found this out in the middle of teaching a class when an administrator came and told me.

But, Friday was a bright spot in the week, even if the sun did not shine (see above). Our school had a "Hats for Haiti" day where students could donate a dollar and wear a hat. We raised over 700 dollars. So excited!!!

Plus, the people of Massachusetts voted and Scott Brown is headed to the Senate!! Never thought I would see the day where a political revolution like this would gain traction in that state. But, we have to remember, our country was birthed there and they were the original "Tea Partiers"!!!

No comments: