Friday, May 15, 2009

Graduation Week

Its been an emotional week at TSA. Monday was the last "Real" day of school for the Seniors. We do something neat to let them have some fun. At 3:10, Mrs. Cheek announces "Teachers, please dismiss the Seniors". They then run through the halls yelling and screaming out to the front parking lot. Parents are there and all of the underclassmen line the halls cheering them on. On Wednesday morning, we had Senior Chapel. The seniors get to design the chapel service and speak on what God has laid on their hearts. It was neat to hear several of them speak. Thursday is the emotional roller coaster of a day. We begin the day with the Blessing of the Graduates. They play the Senior Video that follows the class from Kindergarten to Senior year. By then end, EVERYONE is laughing and crying. Then, comes a drama by the students. If the video did not get you crying, this will. Then the seniors line the walls of the auditorium and their parents go and stand with them and there is a prayer or blessing over them. Mom and I stood with a senior girl who is going through a lot in her life right now and her parents were not there to support her.

Then its over to the Athletic Complex for the Moving Up Ceremony. The seniors "Officially" become Alumni and each grade "moves up". Its really neat. The juniors salute the seniors and the seniors give a farewell address. College choices are announced and new class officers are announced. Its an emotional time for the seniors at the beginning, but then its fun. We end everything with them singing the "Alma Matar" one last time.

Sunday is Bacalaurette and Monday night is Graduation!! I am excited for these students to move on to the next phase of their lives, and also about next years Seniors. There is a chance I might teach a class of seniors next year, so that will be fun cause I love this class.

The house is coming along. I am moving NEXT WEEKEND!!! I can't believe it is almost here. I have some painting left to do and cleaning. Of course, I need to start packing. I have a Scarlet O' Hara mentality about that. Tomorrow is always another day!! Angie, I PROMISE to have packed by the time you get here to help move. Mom and I are going to IKEA tomorrow to pick some things up, and I just checked my Bed Bath and Beyond registery and noticed that someone bought something I had not registered for. FUN!!!! Its really cool looking pillow covers. I can't wait.

No comments: