Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sweat Equity

I am so sore and tired tonight. Mom, Dad, and I spent almost all day at my new house getting ready for me to move. I decided I wanted to paint 3 rooms. We want to get it done before I move in two weeks, so this weekend is painting weekend. Of course, I have to be difficult and go from a red kitchen to a light green kitchen. Two coats of primer and two(? not sure we are going to need 2 will find out tomorrow) coats of paint later, I have a green kitchen. It looks great if I do say so myself.

As I was taping off the den, I realized that I need stock in the masking tape companies. When buying an older home, and then painting, one realizes that there is trim, a LOT of trim work that has to be protected while the walls are getting painted. But, mom and I taped and conquered. Well at least until we ran out of tape. :) We will finish tomorrow. I met some of my neighbors today and I am really going to like it there.

I also got my grass cut today by a student of mine. He is coming back twice more this month to take care of my yard for me until I have time to do it myself. I also got a HUGE surprise from my parents. I had admired a bistro table and chairs at Lowes several weeks ago when mom and I were picking paint colors. When Dad got there today they made me come outside and they had bought me the set for my back patio. I was SO excited because it was totally unexpected, Mom said she would let other people get me the "practical" housewarming gifts for my shower, she wanted to get me something fun!! Thanks Mom and Dad, I love you!!!!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

And I knew that bistro table was coming. Even knew it was coming when you told me about it the weekend I was home. :-)

Jase and Melissa said...

Sar! I can't wait to see pis of your new house- POST THEM PLEASE!! Congratulations on being a new home owner.