Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Annoyed

I am so annoyed right now. Much of my annoyance is directed at my former apartment complex and my Latin American professor. What is the purpose of a $500.oo pet deposit if not to clean the apartment after the pet moves out??? I got my statement from them today and they informed me that not only was I not getting ANY of my security deposit back, but I OWE THEM $25.00. Needless to say, I am ticked off. To top that off, I made a B in Latin American History. I know, its a B, but it ruins my 4.00 GPA. Plus, I feel that I learned NOTHING about Latin American History and am not prepared to teach it to my students. I could have taken the easy way out and dropped the course and picked up pedagogy this month, but no, I stuck it out and get rewarded with a B. I am really ticked about that one and I think a letter to the chair about all the crap this professor made us do is forthcoming.

I did enjoy Birmingham with my sister though. The food and company was great. It was awesome to see Wendy in the role of mom with baby Alex. I can't believe he is nine months old already. Such a cutie.

I got an interesting phone call today from a parent. The mom of the new Junior class president called to talk about prom. I am meeting with the moms on Monday night. Hopefully I can convince them to wait a few more months before we start planning. I don't even KNOW the date for prom yet!!! These ladies are more organized then I am. Could be an interesting year with them...

No comments: