Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's officially Christmas

I know that we celebrate Jesus and his birth all year as Christians, and my pastor put it an interesting way several weeks ago when he said that "Christmas is annual for everyone, but only eternal for some". He was challenging us to be "relational" and "intentional" in our witnessing to others. But, this weekend really made it Christmas to me.

If you know me well, you know that I LOVE music, especially Christmas music. My family will make fun of me because I will pull out the Christmas music in July. Hey, you have to do something to beat the Georgia heat of summer. But, one of my absolute favorite groups is the Trans Siberian Orchestra. I have wanted to see them in concert for years, but it had never worked until THIS year. I found out they would be in Birmingham when I was on Christmas break from school. I shelled out the money and called my sister Angie and told her to put December 20th on her calendar. Needless to say, it was a show neither of us will forget

They opened the show with the complete playing of their CD, "Christmas Eve in Sarajevo". That in itself is an awesome CD, but the light show, and snow, probably the only snow I will see this year, was awesome. I was a little disappointed when it ended, because I thought the concert was over, boy was I wrong!!!!!! The band leader then asked if we were "Ready to blow some things up?" I had no idea what he meant until the fire and pyrotechnics started. It was UNBELIEVABLE. I know where people get the idea to program Christmas lights at their house to their music. From their concerts. This was an Amazing concert and a great early Christmas present.

Tomorrow is hang out with sister day and make cookies since she is home for a week. This is the first time in 10-12 years that we have both been home for this long at Christmas and neither one of us has to work. My mom is sooo excited. Merry Christmas Everybody!!!!! Remember to keep CHRIST in CHRISTmas this year!!!

No comments: