Monday, December 15, 2008

Sad Day

Today was one of those days, where as a teacher, I did not have all of the answers or really any of them. One of my students, a junior, found out over the weekend that his mom has stage II breast cancer. They are doing surgery this week to see how far along it is. How do you explain to 16 and 17 year olds why God allows this to happen? How do you reassure them that everything will work out the way God intends and then tell them to start working on their mid term exams? I am really feeling for this student tonight because he is in no emotional state to take exams this week, but he has too.

The only thing that I could offer him was my prayers and understanding and to be someone to talk to. Its so hard to see someone have to go through this with their family, but its even harder to see a junior in high school deal with it. Today was a hard day.

No comments: