Wednesday, January 14, 2009

House Hunter Update

I really feel like I am on the show "House Hunters" on HGTV. This process has really become exciting. I talked to a Realtor on Monday and she got started right away. Monday night when I got home from class, she had e-mailed me 5 properties to look at. I liked all 5 enough to go see them in person, so Monday, I will begin the search officially as I look at houses in person. Right now, they are all in my price range, or I think I can talk them down. Many have been on the market for quite a while and will be hopefully easy to get under asking price.

The houses are kinda spread out all over the area of town that I am looking. Two of them are super close to my school, I mean like it would take 2 minutes to get there. EXTRA SLEEP FOR ME!!!! Of course, one has pink rooms. Melissa, I don't mean pretty pink, I am talking PEPTO BISMAL PINK!!!! That would be the first thing to go. I would have to paint those before I moved in. Of course, it helps that I have some friends who would help as long as I feed them!!!

On to school. This semester is shaping up to be ok. Dare I say, easy. Both of my professors are laid back people and realize that we teach all day and do not want to be in class all night. In my research class, I think my Senior Thesis in undergraduate was more work than this research class will be. In the Exceptional Child class, I have done half of the work already because of what my job entails. We have to write observations of SST meetings, and I have those all the time, so I just have to write my notes up. Now, the challenge is finding something to take for summer. They are not offering ANY graduate level history classes during the summer. I e mailed a professor who is teaching History of Christianity and asked her to add some work and make it a grad level class. All she can say is no, so we shall see.

No comments: