Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Break

Well, Spring Break is almost over. We actually enjoyed a day of sunshine today. So, mom and I went to Milledgeville to see about my financial aid and we got that straightened out. I also tried to fight paying 300 extra dollars in fees simply because I have to go to Milledgeville this summer instead of Macon for classes. I don't think I should have to pay them since the university is the one that scheduled the classes there and not in Macon. But, to no avail, I pleaded my case and got nowhere. If I had more time and energy this spring, I might fight it, but I don't so I will suck it up and pay the extra money and get out of there in December. Just don't come calling me asking for alumni donations cause you won't be getting any. Samford REALLY spoiled me. This whole public university thing is a bunch of crap!!

Spring Break was fun although it rained cats and dogs for most of it. I am talking flash floods and flood warnings, people being rescued and all that. It has rained almost 10 inches in 10 days in Macon. We now officially have NO MORE DROUGHT!!! Mom and I postponed the planned trip to IKEA for May since I did not brave the storms and go to Milledgeville yesterday. But Wednesday, we did brave the elements, I felt like I needed webbed feet, and headed to Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Lowes to look for stuff for my house warming registery. I have not registered yet because we have not picked a date, I will keep you posted. I think mom had more fun than I did and who knew that there were so many choices for a front door light fixture???? I have most everything picked out, but I still have to decide on one final paint color and light fixtures. I can't decide on a shade of blue or what fixture I like for the dining room. The chadelier from the 70s has got to go. Its getting close now, 11 days and the house will be mine.

1 comment:

Angie said...

You could always go with Smurf blue.