Thursday, March 26, 2009

Refuge and Spring Break

Refuge went really well this week. The devil was there trying to mess things up but our middle school has really stepped up and they are the leaders for Jesus at school. Its amazing to see this in kids so young that you would think were intimidated by the older students. An eighth grader, Conner stood up yesterday and spoke what Jesus had laid on his heart. It was amazing. We have a core group of students who are not afraid to live their lives for Jesus and God is going to work with that. We are also thinking about starting a student praise band for Chapel. We want them to feel like they have some ownership in Chapel and this will help. So, be in prayer for that.

Spring break starts tomorrow at 3:15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Can you tell I am excited??? This week has been draining for me and Debbie as term papers are in high gear and the kids are on each others nerves. To celebrate, my kids are getting to watch School House Rock tomorrow. I can't wait for Conjunction Junction, what's your function? and I'm Just a Bill, sittin on a Capital Hill. Of course, by seventh period tomorrow, I may have gone crazy from it. But for lunch tomorrow I get Pannera Bread!! Yum-O!!!!

And then on Saturday, mom and I are going to register for things for my house. A dear friend of mine and her mom are throwing me a house shower and told me to go register for stuff I want/need for the house. I am sooo excited and touched that they are sharing in this special time with me. I close in 20 days, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: